TornadoesLearn more with our health information guide for tornadoes.
FloodsWe have resources on mold, responder safety, sanitation, and more.
Disaster Information SpecialistTake free online training, attend our webinars, connect with others.
HurricanesHurricane season is June 1–November 30.
Prepare with these health information resources.
WISERWireless Information System
for Emergency Responders (WISER)
assists emergency responders
with HAZMAT information.
Get WISER now
News & Events
- New course available - In Case of Emergencies: Continuity of Operations (COOP) Planning
- Ebola Outbreak 2018 - present: Health Information Guide
- Learn about our Deep Mining for Information Discovery project.
Guide to disaster medicine and public health emergency literature and related information.
New Documents from Disaster Lit
Database of biomedical journal citations and abstracts.
New Articles from PubMed
- Factors associated with healthcare workers willingness to participate in disasters: a cross-sectional study in Sana'a, Yemen
- One-Decade-Spanning transgenerational effects of historic radiation dose in wild populations of bank voles exposed to radioactive contamination following the chernobyl nuclear disaster
Tool to assist first responders and first receivers in hazardous material incidents.
Guidance on planning, response, and recovery related to chemical mass casualty incidents.
Guidance about clinical diagnosis and treatment of radiation injuries during radiological and nuclear emergencies.
More CBRNE/Hazmat Information
Disaster Information Specialist
Information specialists providing disaster- and public health emergency-related health information resources.
Information about infectious diseases including pandemic or potentially pandemic influenza and other epidemics and disaster-related disease outbreaks.
Resources about topics of concern to disaster medicine, public health and emergency preparedness.
Disaster Apps: Digital Go Bag
Apps and other mobile-based tools for emergency preparedness and response, including:
- CBRNE and Hazmat
- Responder Safety
- Psychological Health
NIH Disaster Research Response (DR2)
Research on the medical and public health aspects of disasters and public health emergencies.
Information about the mission and activities of the Disaster Information Management Research Center.
Download promotional materials to share with your audience.
Publications and presentations about and by the Disaster Information Management Research Center.
Organizations working with the National Library of Medicine on disaster health information.