MeSH Terms Used in Indexing Disaster-Related Journal Articles - New in 2008
This is the list of new subject headings for 2008 that may be useful for disaster and all-hazards preparedness and response topics.
For more information on MeSH related to disaster topics, see:
- All MeSH terms. A comprehensive list of terms intended to convey the rich diversity and broad scope of coverage of MeSH terms available to index disaster-related articles.
- MeSH terms NEW in 2013 (22 terms)
- MeSH terms NEW in 2012 (10 terms)
- MeSH terms NEW in 2011 (18 terms)
- MeSH terms NEW in 2010 (15 terms)
- MeSH terms NEW in 2009 (29 terms)
MeSH is the National Library of Medicine's (NLM) controlled vocabulary thesaurus of descriptors in a hierarchical structure that aid searching at various levels of specificity. The MeSH thesaurus is used by NLM for indexing articles for the MEDLINE/PubMed® database. MeSH terms provide a consistent way to retrieve information that may use different terminology for the same concepts.
For additional information on MeSH, visit the following links.
Acute Radiation Syndrome
Atomic Bombs [see Nuclear Weapons]
Hydrogen Bombs [see Nuclear Weapons]
Iraq War, 2003-2011
Mass Casualty Incidents
Nuclear Weapons Testing [see Nuclear Weapons]
Orphans [see Child, Orphaned]
United States Agency for International Development
United States Department of Homeland Security
Weapons of Mass Destruction